Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Slumberous Sample Sentences

Definition

: heavy with sleep
: inducing slumber
: marked by or suggestive of a state of sleep or lethargy


I hear the slumberous murmer of the wind in the trees all through the night.

I too felt a slumberous influence after watching him half an hour, as he sat thus with his eyes half open, like a cat, winged brother of the cat.

He lay but opened a red eye unsleeping, deep and slowly breathing, slumberous but awake.

I felt pain as he walked by the slumberous summer fields at midnight returning from her arms.

A wicked glow lit a stare that lingered too long on me, a slow, slumberous perusal that made my mouth go dry.

The house was very quiet, and through the curtained window there came to her the soft, slumberous splash of the waves.

She looked at him seductively out of her great, slumberous blue eyes.

Henry turned and looked at the duchess with his slumberous eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment