Friday, July 29, 2016

Flounder Example Sentences

Definition

1 : to struggle to move or obtain footing : thrash about wildly
2 : to proceed or act clumsily or ineffectually


Rather than flounder around in the juicy patches again I decided to find another way back via forest tracks to the west.

The new swimmer had to flounder in the deep end until the lifeguard dragged him to safety.

Unused to skating, the rookie hockey player would flounder on the ice until he learned to skate.

After it hit the iceberg, the Titanic was left to flounder in the Atlantic Ocean before it finally sank.

My father was afraid that I would flounder as I learned to ride a bike, so he never let go of the seat.

My ability to flounder was evident when I fell on the slippery floor.

When money was involved, he most often seemed to flounder.

We flounder in vast waters, always uncertain and floating, tossed here and there.

There are too many people eyeing her, and now that Ambassador Miller has left, she could flounder around without any direction.

I flounder for some minutes trying to come up with a sensible reason while she stands there, arms akimbo almost daring me to give her a reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment